2012 - 2014: Innovation Design Engineering MA / MSc
Imperial College London & Royal College of Art, UK
- Leading-edge, creative product development double masters, involving experimentation, design, engineering and enterprise activities during a range of multidisciplinary team and solo projects.
- Developed skills in user-centred design, concept development, visual communication and prototyping in a range of materials, among others.
- Collaboration projects with Ford, Rio Tinto and University of Technology Sydney.
- Winner of the MIE Design Award for Healthcare & Patient Safety and joint winner of the Helen Hamlyn Award for Creativity. Awarded a James Dyson Foundation Bursary and a Wates Social Enterprise Fellowship.
2002 - 2005: Human Biology BSc, 2:1
King’s College London, UK
- Awarded a first class grade for my dissertation explaining olfaction. Primary focus on neuroscience and psychology, including developmental neurobiology.
- Supported myself working as a research assistant in the neuroscience lab at King's, as bar staff at Corney & Barrow, and as sales associate at Harrods.
1997 - 2000: High School, Mathematical Division
Sorø Akademis Skole, Denmark
Sep 2011 - Apr 2013: Investment Manager
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, Royal Danish Embassy London, Invest in Denmark, UK
- Responsible for attracting foreign direct investment into Denmark within life sciences and clean tech from the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and Israel.
- Self driven analysis of opportunities, including client segmentation, cold calling and high level networking as well as participation at sector specific conferences.
- Project managed more than 60 investment projects and leads, from the initial stages through to closing of the investment.
- Successfully achieved sales targets for job creation into Denmark each year.
Jan 2008 – Aug 2011: Associate
J.P. Morgan Chase, London, UK
- Joined J.P. Morgan on a talent management program for future leaders of the organisation, which allowed me to rotate into a wide range of roles, incl. product management and network management.
- Designed and developed new products, managing the process end to end, producing marketing collateral, and directing the on-boarding process.
- Presented products to senior management and leading banks, including Nordea.
- Analysed market activity for fixed income to direct sales efforts across EMEA.
- Developed market specific information describing the financial infrastructure in relevant EMEA markets, which was published internally and externally.
- Analysed pricing proposals offered by agents to compare existing profitability with potential agent moves or negotiations.
Apr 2006 - Sep 2007: Delivery Manager
Advertising.com, AOL Time Warner, London, UK
- Structured deals and owned the forecasting, pricing, and delivery of Scandinavian advertising campaigns, within web, email and affiliate networks.
- Developed and presented campaign strategy based on in-depth campaign specific and market wide analysis. This included advising on design and appeal from impression to conversion to ensure maximum delivery.
- Performed research and analysis on advertising network performance and competitiveness to ensure campaign and profit optimisation.
- Awarded one of the best performance reviews in the company.
July 2014: IDE Imperial Show 2014 – Imperial College London, UK
June 2014: Show RCA 2014 – Royal College of Art, London, UK
February 2014: Work in Progress Show – Royal College of Art, London, UK
October 2013: Rio Tinto Sports Innovation Challenge – Imperial College London, UK
July 2013: 2033: Tech Foresight – Imperial College London, UK
July 2013: Design4Health Conference – Sheffield University, UK
March 2013: Object: Australian Design Centre – Sydney, Australia
- Fluent Danish and English, intermediate German and Norwegian and Swedish understanding.